Parking spaces: 4
Balgowan Retreat is a fully self-contained holiday house located just a short walk to the Balgowan beach along a designated path.
With 3 bedrooms - Queen, 2 x bunks, Single, Queen - Balgowan Retreat can sleep up to 7 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office. For those travelling with young children, there is a portacot.
Balgowan Retreat has one bathroom with a shower, vanity & separate toilet.
There is reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning in the lounge room, and all bedrooms have ceiling fans.
In the lounge room there is comfortable recliner seating and a large television with USB port, DVD player & DVD’s, CD player, radio and board games for guests to enjoy.
Balgowan Retreat has a well-quipped kitchen with electric stove, microwave, large fridge/freezer & coffee machine (guests need to bring Nespresso-compatible pods with them). There is also a range of small appliances for guests to use during their stay including electric frypan, wok & sandwich press.
This holiday accommodation has a large verandah spanning the front of the house, with a small hooded gas barbecue and seating.
At the rear is an enclosed entertaining & dining area, with plenty of seating and a drinks fridge.
Balgowan is a popular fishing spot and for those coming to fish the gulf waters, there is a shaded fish cleaning area, and plenty of parking with space for up to 4 vehicles in the off-street secure yard and room for a boat.
There is a secure yard with a 1.30m high fence and outside pets are welcome at Balgowan Retreat, just let the Country Getaways staff know when making your booking that you will be bringing a pet with you ($100 refundable bond applies).
Balgowan is located an easy 20 minutes to Maitland, where there is a choice of dining options including 2 hotels, cafes & bakery; along with a supermarket, chemist & hardware store; or head north to Moonta just 40 minutes away.
Trio Bunk: 1
- 3 bedrooms - Queen, Double, Trio bunk (double on the bottom, single on the top)
- Sleeps 7
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Bathroom with shower, vanity & separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in lounge room
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Well-equipped kitchen with electric stove, microwave & large fridge/freezer
- Coffee machine (guests need to bring their own Nespresso-compatible coffee pods)
- Small kitchen appliances including electric frypan, wok, sandwich press
- Large television with USB port in lounge room
- DVD player
- Some DVD’s for guests to use
- Board games
- CD player
- Top load washing machine
- Undercover verandah at front of house with seating
- Small hooded gas barbecue
- Enclosed entertaining & dining area at rear
- Drinks fridge
- Shaded fish cleaning area with water facilities
- Secure front & rear yards with 1.30m high fence
- Off-street parking behind fence for up to 4 vehicles
- Boat parking off-street
- No garage access for guests
- 2 minutes’ walk to beach
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - outside pets accepted
DVD player: Yes
Ensuite bathroom: No
Group stays (10+ guests): No
Pet friendly: Yes
Washing Machine: Yes
Refundable pet bond: $100.00
Cleaning fee: $65.00
Administration fee: $25.00
Refundable Security Bond: $250.00
|Low||1 May - 31 October.|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + $25 administration fee = Total Price
All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
- A refundable security bond may be payable for a property; a bond may also be required in lieu of credit card details for security prior to obtaining key details.
- At a pet friendly property, a minimum $100 refundable pet bond is to be paid (refer to Terms & Conditions).
- If an online booking has been made & Country Getaways has been advised that you are bringing a dog, you authorise that the $100 refundable pet bond is processed to the card used for the booking transaction.
Long Weekends, SA Schoolies & Peak Season Bonds
For any bookings on long weekends, SA schoolies & peak season; a $250 refundable security bond is to be paid by credit card prior to obtaining key access details (not applicable when a property bond is already in place).
Please note for any reservations where a debit card is used as a form of payment, a $250 refundable security bond must be paid.
Refundable bonds are only to be processed to a credit card.
Refer to specific property details for security or pet bond details.
The property cleaner will advise the bond status following your departure, and your bond less any debits, will be refunded within 14 business days of your date of departure via the method paid.
Balgowan is a small sleepy town located south of Moonta Bay.
This town is a popular fishing spot (some would say that Balgowan is one of the best kept secrets on Yorke Peninsula). Balgowan's Clifftop Kiosk has general supplies, coffee, takeaway food, ice & fuel.
Book a fishing charter leaving from the beach - popular in Summer and Winter. Or if you have your own, launch your boat at high tide.
Further South is Port Victoria, a popular spot for jetty fishing.
The Balgowan coastline has great scenic unspoilt coastal walks and is a town untouched by tourism and development. There are pontoons off the beach which children love to use.
Balgowan is a 10 minute drive from Maitland which is the service centre for this town. Come into the Country Getaways office at Maitland and say "Hi" to our friendly staff.
Balgowan is located approximately 2 hours drive from Adelaide.