Balgowan Retreat is a fully self-contained holiday house located just a short walk to the Balgowan beach along a designated path.
With 3 bedrooms - Queen, 2 x bunks, Single, Queen - Balgowan Retreat can sleep up to 7 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office. For those travelling with young children, there is a portacot.
Balgowan Retreat has one bathroom with a shower, vanity & separate toilet.
There is reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning in the lounge room, and all bedrooms have ceiling fans.
In the lounge room there is comfortable recliner seating and a large television with USB port, DVD player & DVD’s, CD player, radio and board games for guests to enjoy.
Balgowan Retreat has a well-quipped kitchen with electric stove, microwave, large fridge/freezer & coffee machine (guests need to bring Nespresso-compatible pods with them). There is also a range of small appliances for guests to use during their stay including electric frypan, wok & sandwich press.
This holiday accommodation has a large verandah spanning the front of the house, with a small hooded gas barbecue and seating.
At the rear is an enclosed entertaining & dining area, with plenty of seating and a drinks fridge.
Balgowan is a popular fishing spot and for those coming to fish the gulf waters, there is a shaded fish cleaning area, and plenty of parking with space for up to 4 vehicles in the off-street secure yard and room for a boat.
There is a secure yard with a 1.30m high fence and outside pets are welcome at Balgowan Retreat, just let the Country Getaways staff know when making your booking that you will be bringing a pet with you ($100 refundable bond applies).
Balgowan is located an easy 20 minutes to Maitland, where there is a choice of dining options including 2 hotels, cafes & bakery; along with a supermarket, chemist & hardware store; or head north to Moonta just 40 minutes away.
- 3 bedrooms - Queen, Double, Trio bunk (double on the bottom, single on the top)
- Sleeps 7
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Bathroom with shower, vanity & separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in lounge room
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Well-equipped kitchen with electric stove, microwave & large fridge/freezer
- Coffee machine (guests need to bring their own Nespresso-compatible coffee pods)
- Small kitchen appliances including electric frypan, wok, sandwich press
- Large television with USB port in lounge room
- DVD player
- Some DVD’s for guests to use
- Board games
- CD player
- Top load washing machine
- Undercover verandah at front of house with seating
- Small hooded gas barbecue
- Enclosed entertaining & dining area at rear
- Drinks fridge
- Shaded fish cleaning area with water facilities
- Secure front & rear yards with 1.30m high fence
- Off-street parking behind fence for up to 4 vehicles
- Boat parking off-street
- No garage access for guests
- 2 minutes’ walk to beach
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - outside pets accepted