Parking spaces: 5
Claire Avenue is a fully self-contained holiday house located just across from the beach at Balgowan, known for its excellent fishing on the western coast of Yorke Peninsula.
Sleeping up to 8 guests, Claire Avenue has 3 bedrooms – queen, queen and 2 bunks. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
There are 2 bathrooms, an ensuite bathroom with toilet & shower adjoining the master queen bedroom, and a main bathroom with bath & shower, and a separate toilet.
There is revere cycle split system air-conditioning in a queen bedroom and in the lounge room (also has a ceiling fan), and ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
The lounge room has a television with USB port & DVD player, plus some DVD’s, board games, a radio & CD player.
Claire Avenue has a well-equipped kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, large fridge & separate freezer, plus a coffee pod machine & plunger.
There is a fully supplied laundry with washing machine, clothes dryer, iron & ironing board.
With Balgowan attracting fishermen from all over the state using their own boats or joining a local fishing charter, Claire Avenue provides ideal accommodation with secure boat parking, and fish cleaning facilities.
Outside, there is an undercover dining area with seating and ceiling fans, plus a flat top gas barbecue or Weber for cooking up the catch of the day!
The yard is spacious and has room for up to 5 cars to park behind the fence, along with boat parking in the secure yard.
Claire Avenue is a perfect holiday house for families or couples travelling together and is suitable for older travellers and those using walking frames.
Beach access is just across the road from this holiday house with a public walkway through the sand dunes to the beach.
Balgowan is located just 15 minutes (20 kilometres) from Maitland where you’ll find supermarkets, fuel, a chemist, bakery and many other supplies.
Double Bunk: 2
- 3 bedrooms - Queen, Queen, 2 bunks
- Sleeps 8
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Ensuite bathroom with toilet & shower
- Main bathroom with bath & shower
- Separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning in lounge room
- Queen bedroom (not master bedroom) has reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning
- All bedrooms have ceiling fans
- Ceiling fan in lounge & dining room
- Smart television with USB port in lounge room
- DVD player
- Some DVD’s provided
- Board games
- CD player
- Well-equipped kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, large fridge with separate large freezer
- Coffee machine (guests will need to bring Espressotoria compatible coffee pods)
- Coffee plunger (BYO ground coffee beans)
- Front load washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Ironing board
- Undercover outdoor dining area with ceiling fans
- Outdoor dining & seating
- Flat top gas barbecue
- Weber barbecue
- Undercover fish cleaning sink
- No garage access for guests
- Secure yard
- Off-street parking for up to 5 cars behind fence
- Boat parking in secure yard
- Located 3 minute walk to the Balgowan beach
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - outside pets accepted, small dogs only
DVD player: Yes
Ensuite bathroom: Yes
Group stays (10+ guests): No
Pet friendly: Yes
Washing Machine: Yes
Refundable pet bond: $100.00
Cleaning fee: $80.00
Administration fee: $25.00
Refundable Security Bond (refer terms & conditions for applicable bonds/periods): $250.00
|Low||1 May - 31 October.|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + $25 administration fee = Total Price
All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
- A refundable security bond may be payable for a property; a bond may also be required in lieu of credit card details for security prior to obtaining key details.
- At a pet friendly property, a minimum $100 refundable pet bond is to be paid (refer to Terms & Conditions).
- If an online booking has been made & Country Getaways has been advised that you are bringing a dog, you authorise that the $100 refundable pet bond is processed to the card used for the booking transaction.
Long Weekends, SA Schoolies & Peak Season Bonds
For any bookings on long weekends, SA schoolies & peak season; a $250 refundable security bond is to be paid by credit card prior to obtaining key access details (not applicable when a property bond is already in place).
Please note for any reservations where a debit card is used as a form of payment, a $250 refundable security bond must be paid.
Refundable bonds are only to be processed to a credit card.
Refer to specific property details for security or pet bond details.
The property cleaner will advise the bond status following your departure, and your bond less any debits, will be refunded within 14 business days of your date of departure via the method paid.
Balgowan is a small sleepy town located south of Moonta Bay.
This town is a popular fishing spot (some would say that Balgowan is one of the best kept secrets on Yorke Peninsula). Balgowan's Clifftop Kiosk has general supplies, coffee, takeaway food, ice & fuel.
Book a fishing charter leaving from the beach - popular in Summer and Winter. Or if you have your own, launch your boat at high tide.
Further South is Port Victoria, a popular spot for jetty fishing.
The Balgowan coastline has great scenic unspoilt coastal walks and is a town untouched by tourism and development. There are pontoons off the beach which children love to use.
Balgowan is a 10 minute drive from Maitland which is the service centre for this town. Come into the Country Getaways office at Maitland and say "Hi" to our friendly staff.
Balgowan is located approximately 2 hours drive from Adelaide.