Mare e Amici
Meaning ‘sea & friends’ Mare e Amici is an ideal holiday house for a gathering of family and friends by the beach at Balgowan.
Mare e Amici can sleep up to 8 guests in its 3 bedrooms; with a king, queen, queen and a queen sofa bed. Quilts and pillows are provided (bedding for the sofa bed stored under the stairs), but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
This holiday accommodation has an ensuite bedroom adjoining the upstairs king bedroom with a shower and toilet; and downstairs there is a main bathroom with bath, shower and toilet; and an additional 3rd toilet.
There is reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in the upstairs living area, and a ceiling fan in the dining area; with ceiling fans in all 3 bedrooms.
Mare e Amici has 2 lounge rooms, one downstairs and one upstairs in the living area. In the downstairs lounge is a television with USB port, DVD player and PlayStation 3; guests will need to bring their own games for use in the games console. There is also a small kitchenette and bar fridge.
Upstairs the living area is spacious with the kitchen, lounge and dining opening onto the balcony providing sea views of the Balgowan coastline.
The lounge room has a large television with USB and DVD player, Bluetooth speaker, and a telescope for viewing the beach, coastline and boats in Spencer Gulf.
Mare e Amici’s kitchen is well-equipped with a gas cooktop, electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer and coffee pod machine (guests will need to bring their own Nespresso compatible capsules, or purchase at Maitland supermarket).
Outside the rear yard is large with a lawned area but unfenced. In the yard, guests will find a Weber Q gas barbecue and fishing cleaning sink.
There is off-street undercover carport parking for 1 vehicle at Mare e Amici, with space for another vehicle and room for a boat.
Balgowan is located just 15 minutes’ drive from Maitland, where you will find dining out options including 2 hotels, plus a supermarket, chemist and hardware store for any supplies you might need.
Balgowan is a well-known fishing location for catches of snapper & King George whiting with an all-weather boat ramp and floating pontoons. With its off-street parking, high carport clearance, and fish cleaning facilities, this makes Mare e Amici a popular choice for accommodation for fishing enthusiasts.
- 3 bedrooms - upstairs: king; downstairs: queen, queen, queen sofa bed in lounge
- Sleeps 8
- Quilts and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Ensuite bathroom off king bedroom with shower & toilet
- Main bathroom downstairs with bath, shower & toilet
- 3rd toilet downstairs
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in upstairs living area
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms & dining room
- Downstairs lounge room has television with USB port & DVD player
- PlayStation 3, guest will need to bring their own games
- Small kitchenette with bar fridge
- Spacious open plan living area comprising kitchen, lounge & dining
- Upstairs lounge has large television with USB port & DVD player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Adjacent balcony provides sea views
- Large well-equipped kitchen with gas hotplates, electric stove, microwave, dishwasher and large fridge/freezer
- Coffee pod machine (guests will need to bring their own Nespresso-compatible pods)
- Front load washing machine
- Large unfenced rear yard with lawned area
- Weber Q gas barbecue
- Fish cleaning sink
- 1-minute walk to beach
- 2 minutes’ walk to the Balgowan boat ramp
- Undercover carport parking for 1 vehicle (clearance 3.4 metres)
- Off-street parking for another vehicle and room for a boat
- Sorry, pets not permitted