Barney's Beach House
Centrally located between Moonta Bay & Port Hughes, Barney’s Beach House is just a 5-minute walk to the Moonta Bay beach.
Barney’s Beach House has 3 bedrooms – queen, double, trio bunk; sleeping up to 7 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office. A portacot is supplied, and guests need to bring all bedding to use.
There is one bathroom with a bath & shower, and a separate toilet.
The living area at Barney’s Beach House combines the lounge, dining & kitchen area with reverse cycle split system air-conditioning with a ceiling fan in the lounge room, and all bedrooms have ceiling fans.
In the lounge room is seating with a large television with a USB port, DVD player, DVD’s & board games.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a microwave, electric stove, medium fridge/freezer & coffee machine (guests need to bring Nespresso-compatible pods with them or purchase locally); plus a high chair for toddlers.
Outside, Barney’s Beach House has a large deck at the rear of the house with outdoor dining overlooking the lush green lawn, perfect for enjoying summer evenings. There is a Weber barbecue & a hooded barbecue in the small shed.
Barney’s Beach House is a pet friendly holiday house, just let the Country Getaways staff know that you will be bringing a pet, along with the breed & age details.
Being on a large block, Barney’s Beach House has plenty of off-street parking with space for up to 3 car and room for a boat behind a solid fence.
If you’re coming to fish, Barney’s Beach House is in a great location halfway between the Moonta Bay & Port Hughes jetties, and a short 5-minute drive to the all-weather Port Hughes boat ramp. There is a fish cleaning area, crab rakes & nets plus a crab cooking pot; making it easy for guest to drop a net or rakes for crabs, catching their own seafood dinner.
For the kids, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the popular free SplashTown water park, located on Moonta Bay’s foreshore, with seasonal opening hours over the warmer months.
Just a short distance away are dining options at either Moonta Bay, Port Hughes or Moonta with a choice of cafes or pubs. Moonta also has a range of shopping options including supermarket, butcher, hardware, antique, clothing & fuel outlets.
- 3 bedrooms - queen, double, trio bunk (double on the bottom, single on the top)
- Sleeps 7
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Portacot (guests need to bring all bedding for cot, located under double bed)
- Bathroom with bath & shower
- Separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in living area
- Ceiling fans in lounge room
- All bedrooms have ceiling fans
- Combined lounge, dining & kitchen rooms
- Lounge room with seating, large television with USB port & DVD player
- Board games
- Kitchen servery adjoining dining area
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, electric stove & medium fridge/freezer
- Coffee pod machine (guests need to bring Nespresso compatible pods)
- Top load washing machine
- Ironing board
- Outdoor dining area on large rear deck
- Hooded barbecue located in small shed
- Weber barbecue; guests need to bring their own heat beads
- Secure rear yard with lawned area
- Fish cleaning sink
- Crab rakes & nets
- Crab cooking pot; guests need to bring their own gas ring
- Off-street parking for up to 3 vehicles with room for a boat
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - outside pets accepted