Barney's Beach House
Parking spaces: 3
Centrally located between Moonta Bay & Port Hughes, Barney’s Beach House is just a 5-minute walk to the Moonta Bay beach.
Barney’s Beach House has 3 bedrooms – queen, double, trio bunk; sleeping up to 7 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office. A portacot is supplied, and guests need to bring all bedding to use.
There is one bathroom with a bath & shower, and a separate toilet.
The living area at Barney’s Beach House combines the lounge, dining & kitchen area with reverse cycle split system air-conditioning with a ceiling fan in the lounge room, and all bedrooms have ceiling fans.
In the lounge room is seating with a large television with a USB port, DVD player, DVD’s & board games.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a microwave, electric stove, medium fridge/freezer & coffee machine (guests need to bring Nespresso-compatible pods with them or purchase locally); plus a high chair for toddlers.
Outside, Barney’s Beach House has a large deck at the rear of the house with outdoor dining overlooking the lush green lawn, perfect for enjoying summer evenings. There is a Weber barbecue & a hooded barbecue in the small shed.
Barney’s Beach House is a pet friendly holiday house, just let the Country Getaways staff know that you will be bringing a pet, along with the breed & age details.
Being on a large block, Barney’s Beach House has plenty of off-street parking with space for up to 3 car and room for a boat behind a solid fence.
If you’re coming to fish, Barney’s Beach House is in a great location halfway between the Moonta Bay & Port Hughes jetties, and a short 5-minute drive to the all-weather Port Hughes boat ramp. There is a fish cleaning area, crab rakes & nets plus a crab cooking pot; making it easy for guest to drop a net or rakes for crabs, catching their own seafood dinner.
For the kids, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the popular free SplashTown water park, located on Moonta Bay’s foreshore, with seasonal opening hours over the warmer months.
Just a short distance away are dining options at either Moonta Bay, Port Hughes or Moonta with a choice of cafes or pubs. Moonta also has a range of shopping options including supermarket, butcher, hardware, antique, clothing & fuel outlets.
Trio Bunk: 1
- 3 bedrooms - queen, double, trio bunk (double on the bottom, single on the top)
- Sleeps 7
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Portacot (guests need to bring all bedding for cot, located under double bed)
- Bathroom with bath & shower
- Separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in living area
- Ceiling fans in lounge room
- All bedrooms have ceiling fans
- Combined lounge, dining & kitchen rooms
- Lounge room with seating, large television with USB port & DVD player
- Board games
- Kitchen servery adjoining dining area
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, electric stove & medium fridge/freezer
- Coffee pod machine (guests need to bring Nespresso compatible pods)
- Top load washing machine
- Ironing board
- Outdoor dining area on large rear deck
- Hooded barbecue located in small shed
- Weber barbecue; guests need to bring their own heat beads
- Secure rear yard with lawned area
- Fish cleaning sink
- Crab rakes & nets
- Crab cooking pot; guests need to bring their own gas ring
- Off-street parking for up to 3 vehicles with room for a boat
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - outside pets accepted
DVD player: Yes
Ensuite bathroom: No
Group stays (10+ guests): No
Pet friendly: Yes
Washing Machine: Yes
Refundable pet bond: $100.00
Cleaning fee: $75.00
Administration fee: $25.00
Refundable Security Bond (refer terms & conditions for applicable bonds/periods): $250.00
|Low||1 May - 31 October.|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + $25 administration fee = Total Price
All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
- A refundable security bond may be payable for a property; a bond may also be required in lieu of credit card details for security prior to obtaining key details.
- At a pet friendly property, a minimum $100 refundable pet bond is to be paid (refer to Terms & Conditions).
- If an online booking has been made & Country Getaways has been advised that you are bringing a dog, you authorise that the $100 refundable pet bond is processed to the card used for the booking transaction.
Long Weekends, SA Schoolies & Peak Season Bonds
For any bookings on long weekends, SA schoolies & peak season; a $250 refundable security bond is to be paid by credit card prior to obtaining key access details (not applicable when a property bond is already in place).
Please note for any reservations where a debit card is used as a form of payment, a $250 refundable security bond must be paid.
Refundable bonds are only to be processed to a credit card.
Refer to specific property details for security or pet bond details.
The property cleaner will advise the bond status following your departure, and your bond less any debits, will be refunded within 14 business days of your date of departure via the method paid.
About Moonta Bay
Moonta Bay is located on the coast near Moonta & Port Hughes and is surrounded by white sandy coves and beaches with clear blue waters. Country Getaways has a number of accommodation places available throughout the township, varying from basis to luxury.
Choose from beachfront, close to beach or a few minutes walk away. There are restaurants and cafes; and nearby Moonta has a large supermarket, antiques stores and a variety of retail shops.
There is something for everyone here.
Moonta Bay is approximately a 1½ hour drive from Adelaide.