Just 5 minutes' walk from the Moonta Bay beach, Sea Gypsy is a spacious single-level holiday house with a large undercover outdoor entertaining area & fenced rear yard.
Sea Gypsy has 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, 2 single, queen & bunk; sleeping up to 10 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office. A portacot is supplied, and guests need to bring all bedding to use.
There is an ensuite bathroom adjoining the master queen bedroom with a walk-in shower, vanity & toilet. The main bathroom has 3-way access, with a walk-in shower, bath & vanity, and a separate toilet.
The family room & living area has split system air-conditioning, while there is ducted evaporative cooling in all rooms & pedestal fans.
The open plan living area comprises the lounge room, dining & kitchen, with sofa seating and a television (with USB & HDMI ports) in the lounge room.
Sea Gypsy has a fully equipped kitchen with an electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, coffee plunger & coffee pod machine. There are also a range of small kitchen appliances including a rice cooker, electric frypan & sandwich maker.
There is an additional large fridge with freezer, located near the outdoor entertaining area, which has direct access from the living area of the holiday house.
The large family room has spacious seating options, plus a large television (with USB & HDMI ports), DVD player & DVDs for guest to enjoy during their stay. There is a built-in bar as part of the family room, with a selection of glassware & a bar fridge under the counter.
The outdoor entertaining area is a great asset to the holiday accommodation with plenty of space and easy access from house. There are outdoor dining facilities, a Weber Q gas barbecue & dartboard, with greenery & ferns lining one side of the pergola.
The rear yard is fenced, with a lawned area for pets and families to enjoy.
Pets are welcome inside in the wet areas at Sea Gypsy by prior arrangement with Country Getaways (small dogs only). Just let the Country Getaways staff know when making a booking if you would like to bring a pet with you for your stay.
For those coming to fish the Spencer Gulf waters, there is a fish cleaning sink in the yard, and there are crab cooking facilities for those netting or raking for blue swimmer crabs. The Port Hughes boat ramp is only a short drive away, or there is great fishing from the Moonta Bay jetty.
Sea Gypsy has undercover parking in the carport in the secure yard for a car & boat, and off-street driveway parking for 2 cars.
Moonta is just a short drive away for shopping needs including a large supermarket, hardware, chemist & more. Moonta, Moonta Bay & Port Hughes offer a range of dining options including cafes & hotels; or head to nearby Wallaroo or Kadina for more dining or shopping opportunities.
Bedroom & Bathroom Configuration
- 3 Queen beds
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Double Bunk bed
- 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, 2 single, queen & bunk (2 singles)
- Sleeps 10
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Portacot (guests need to bring all bedding to use)
- Ensuite bathroom adjoining master queen bedroom with walk-in shower, vanity & toilet
- Main bathroom with 3-way access including walk-in shower, bath & vanity
- Separate toilet
- Split system air-conditioning in family room & living area
- Ducted evaporative cooling in all rooms
- Pedestal fans
- Large television (with USB & HDMI ports) in master bedroom
- Open plan living area comprising lounge room, dining & kitchen
- Television with USB & HDMI ports in lounge room
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, & large fridge with freezer on bottom
- Coffee plunger (guests need to bring ground coffee to use or purchase locally)
- Coffee pod machine (guests need to bring Caffitaly compatible coffee pods or purchase locally)
- Small kitchen appliances including rice cooker, electric frypan & sandwich maker
- Additional large fridge with freezer on top near entertaining area
- Family room has spacious seating with large television with USB & HDMI ports
- DVD player
- Built-in bar in family room, with bar fridge under counter
- Top load washing machine
- Ironing board
- Spacious undercover entertaining area
- Direct access to pergola from living area
- Outdoor dining
- Weber Q gas barbecue
- Fenced rear yard
- Large lawned area
- Fish cleaning sink
- Crab cooking facilities
- 5 minutes' walk to beach
- Undercover off-street parking for 1 car & 1 boat in carport in fenced yard
- Off-street driveway parking for 2 cars
- No guest access to garage
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - inside pets accepted (small dogs & only in wet areas of the house)
Tariff Seasons & Rates for Sea Gypsy
|Low||1 May - 31 October.||$165|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Costing calculation: Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + administration fee = Total Price (displayed above). All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
Bonds & Fees
|Refundable Security Bond *||$300|
|Refundable pet bond||$100|