Located within the Moonta township, Fairynuff Cottage is a traditional miners’ cottage which has been lovingly restored to showcase its heritage features.
With 3 bedrooms – queen, double, 2 x bunks - Fairynuff Cottage can sleep up to 8 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
There is one large bathroom at Fairynuff Cottage with a shower, deep full-length bath and separate toilet; and provided for guests to use during their stay is a hairdryer and hair straightener.
Fairynuff Cottage has 2 relaxing areas within the accommodation with a lounge room at the front of the cottage and sitting room at the rear. Both areas have open fireplaces and reverse cycle split system air-conditioning, and in the bedrooms are ceiling fans.
The front lounge room has a library with a range of books for guests to read during their stay, along with comfortable seating.
At the rear of the cottage and opening onto the outdoor entertaining area, the sitting room has a large television with USB port, DVD player, CD player, DVD’s & CD’s for guests to use, radio, board games and retro Atari games console.
The kitchen is small but fully-equipped with a large fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee plunger, gas cooktop & oven. There is a dining area, and additional kitchen appliances are provided including slow cookers, sandwich press, electric frypan and blender.
Fairynuff Cottage has laundry facilities including a top load washing machine, iron & ironing board.
Outside, the large undercover entertaining area has a ceiling fan, outdoor seating, hooded gas barbecue with wok burner; which overlooks the lawned area of the rear yard.
The outdoor areas at Fairynuff Cottage is ideal for families with a secure front and rear yard, and lawn at the rear.
Off-street parking is provided for either 2 cars or 1 car & boat in the driveway behind secure gates, while additional vehicles can park on the street; and a fish cleaning area is provided for those coming to the area to fish.
Fairynuff Cottage is a centrally located self-contained holiday cottage within easy walking distance to hotels & cafes, shops, sporting grounds and Moonta’s main street. Its location is also perfect for a stay during the biennial Kernewek Lowender Cornish Festival.
Located just a short away is the Moonta Mines National Heritage Area, or head towards the coast to Moonta Bay & Port Hughes for walking trails, beaches and fishing.
- 3 bedrooms – queen double, 2 x bunks
- Sleeps 8
- Quilts and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Large bathroom with shower, deep full-length bath & separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in front lounge room & rear sitting room
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- 2 relaxing areas with a lounge room at the front of the cottage and sitting room at rear
- Open fireplaces in lounge room & sitting room (guests need to bring their own wood)
- Lounge room has library with a range of books for guests to read
- Rear sitting room opens to the rear undercover entertaining area
- Large television with USB port
- DVD player
- CD player
- DVD’s & CD’s for guest use
- Board games
- Retro Atari games console
- Small fully-equipped dine-in kitchen with large fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee plunger (guests need to bring ground coffee or purchase locally), gas cooktop & oven
- Additional kitchen appliances include slow cookers (small & large), sandwich press, electric frypan & bullet blender
- Top load washing machine
- Ironing board
- Large sheltered outdoor dining area
- Ceiling fans in undercover verandah
- Hooded gas barbecue with wok burner
- Fish cleaning sink
- Off-street parking behind gate for 2 cars, or 1 car & boat
- Secure front & rear yard
- Sorry, pets not permitted