Situated on the Port Hughes foreshore, Seafront Shack is a 2-storey self-contained holiday house with 180-degree seaviews from Port Hughes jetty to Harry’s Point in the north.
Seafront Shack has 3 bedrooms – upstairs is a queen (with a curtain room divider separating the bedroom from the lounge area), and downstairs a queen & 2 singles – and can sleep up to 6 people. A portacot is provided for guests travelling with young children.
Quilts, blankets, electric blankets and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
Adjoining the upstairs queen bedroom is an ensuite bathroom with shower & toilet, and downstairs is a second bathroom with bath, shower & separate toilet.
Upstairs, Seafront Shack has reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning with ceiling fans in the open plan kitchen, dining & lounge area. All 3 bedrooms have ceiling fans.
The upstairs area is great for entertaining with a spacious lounge room which opens onto the balcony at the front of the house and provides great sea views of the bay and beach. The balcony has roll down blinds to enclose the area, seating and a hooded gas barbecue.
Inside, the lounge room has plenty of seating plus the nearby dining area. There is a television with USB port and DVD player; CD player and radio; board games; and a record player with a range of records for guests to play.
The kitchen at Seafront Shack is well-equipped with a dishwasher, microwave, electric stove and fridge with freezer on top. There is a coffee pod machine for guests, bring your own Nespresso-compatible capsules or purchase at a local supermarket.
Please note that the upstairs area is accessible by an external staircase only.
Outside, Seafront Shack has a large fenced rear yard, with off-street parking for up to 3 cars and room for a boat. There is outdoor seating (stored in tool shed) and a fish cleaning sink.
Right across from Seafront Shack is a beach access point and the Port Hughes Coastal Trail, which in it’s entirety from Simms Cove to the Tipara Lighthouse is around 45 minutes. For those wanting to walk to Moonta Bay jetty, it’s about a 20 minutes’ walk along the shoreline.
Seafront Shack is an affordable coastal shack with great views, but without the higher beachfront price; perfect for short stays or longer breaks.
- 3 bedrooms – queen (upstairs); queen, 2 single (downstairs)
- Sleeps 6
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- Electric blankets
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Upstairs bathroom with shower & toilet
- Downstairs bathroom has a shower over a bath, plus a separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning upstairs
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Open plan kitchen, dining & lounge area with ceiling fans
- Upstairs lounge room has television with USB port
- DVD player
- CD player
- Record player with range of records
- Board games
- Well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave and electric stove
- Coffee pod machine (bring your own Nespresso-compatible capsules)
- Fridge with freezer on top
- Top load washing machine
- Hooded gas barbecue
- Fish cleaning sink
- Outdoor seating (located in rear tool shed)
- Secure front & rear yard (approximately 1.1m high fencing)
- Off-street parking at the rear for up to 3 cars with room for a boat
- Sorry, no guest access to the garage
- NOTE: External staircase only
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet)