Retirement In Whiting
Just a short 5 minute walk to the Port Julia beach, Retirement In Whiting provides holiday accommodation for up to 6 people including pets.
With 2 bedrooms, Retirement In Whiting has a queen bed in each bedroom, plus a double sofa bed in the lounge room. Quilts, blankets & pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels with them for their stay.
Retirement In Whiting has a spacious bathroom with a shower (no bath), and a separate toilet.
The lounge room has reverse cycle split system air-conditioning, while in the bedrooms are heaters and fans.
In the lounge room, guests will find plenty of comfortable seating, a large television with USB port, DVD player and some DVD’s to watch during their stay.
Retirement In Whiting has a well-equipped kitchen with microwave, electric stove, fridge/freezer and a 2nd freezer. The property also runs entirely on rainwater.
Outside, guests can enjoy the rear verandah with an outdoor dining area, hooded gas barbecue and large fridge/freezer.
For those needing assistance or finding steps difficult, at the rear door is a ramp making it easy for everyone to access the house.
Retirement In Whiting has a fenced front & rear yard, making it secure for pets and children to enjoy. If you’re bringing your pet on holiday, just let the Country Getaways staff know when booking.
Port Julia is a well-known fishing spot with fishing from the jetty, or from boat (nearest boat ramp is at Black Point to the north or Port Vincent to the south). Retirement In Whiting caters for fishers with off-street parking for a boat and up to 3 cars, and a fish cleaning sink.
It’s also a popular location for crabbing from the jetty or raking along the shallows for a feed of Blue Swimmer crabs. At the holiday house you’ll find crab rakes – all you need is a tub and old sandshoes – before heading to the beach, and on your return the crab cooker will ensure you have a feast of crabmeat.
Port Julia doesn’t have any shops, but Ardrossan, Port Vincent and Minlaton are just a short drive away for supplies or services.
- 2 bedrooms – queen, queen, double sofa bed in lounge
- Sleeps 6
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Spacious bathroom with shower
- Separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in lounge room
- Heaters in bedrooms
- Fans in bedrooms
- Lounge has comfortable seating and large television with USB port
- DVD player
- DVD’s for guests use
- Combined dining/kitchen area
- Well-equipped kitchen with microwave, electric stove, fridge/freezer & 2nd freezer
- Rainwater, no mains water (pump information at property)
- Top load washing machine
- Ramp access to rear door
- Shaded pergola
- Large fridge/freezer under verandah
- Outdoor dining area
- Hooded gas barbecue (gas bottles stored in laundry)
- Crab rakes
- Fish cleaning sink
- Crab cooker
- Secure front & rear yard
- Off street parking for 3 vehicles with room for a boat
- No garage access for guests
- 5 minute walk to Port Julia beach
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet)