Relax on the front veranda of Read’s Retreat while the children play on Black Point beach. A special feature of this property is the front lawn, large enough for games of cricket or soccer that will keep the family entertained for hours.
Read’s Retreat has 3 bedrooms – queen, queen & bunk bed, and 2 singles – and sleeps up to 8 guests. Pillows and quilts are provided for your stay, but guests will need to bring sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels. There is a large bathroom with shower (no bath) and toilet, plus a separate toilet.
Read’s Retreat is architecturally designed to take advantage of the natural sea breezes. Because of its design and the large ceiling space which has plenty of insulation, along with ceiling fans in every room, it does not require air conditioning (there is a portable unit if required). For the winter months, gas heating is provided.
The kitchen at Read’s Retreat is well-equipped with all the convenience of family home including a Smeg oven, dishwasher, and coffee plungers (bring your own ground coffee). There is a medium-sized refrigerator, plus basic pantry supplies including herbs & spices. A Coldstream water purifier provides clean drinking water.
Within the open plan living area comprising the kitchen, dining & lounge rooms there is plenty of seating, plus 2 televisions, DVD player & CD player. Books are also provided for guests to read during their stay. O
utside on the wide veranda, Read’s Retreat has comfortable outdoor seating with views of the Black Point bay and across to Pine Point. There is a large hooded gas barbecue, plus an outdoor shower on the veranda for rinsing off sand & sea water. Read’s Retreat has plenty of off-street parking with room for a boat & cars.
There is s fish cleaning area at the rear of the property and guests have access to the orange buoy boat mooring in the bay. This accommodation is suitable for elderly guests as it is all located on a single level with minimal steps. The bathroom is equipped with handrails for safety and assistance.
Read’s Retreat is a north facing holiday house with absolute beach frontage & full glass windows facing the sea to take advantage of the views in all seasons.
- 3 bedrooms: Queen bed, Queen bed & a bunk, 2 single beds
- Sleeps 8
- Covered quilts and pillows are provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Large bathroom with shower (no bath) & toilet
- Separate toilet
- Portable air conditioner
- 2 televisions (1 large screen)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Books provided for guests to read during their stay
- Gas heating
- Well equipped kitchen with European appliances including dishwasher, hotplates and oven, microwave, medium refrigerator
- Coldstream water purifier
- Plunger coffee (BYO ground coffee)
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Outdoor dining & seating
- Outdoor lounge setting
- Hooded gas barbecue
- Fish cleaning sink by shed
- Orange buoy boat mooring
- Plenty of off street parking and room for a boat
- Please note: Read’s Retreat is designed and insulated to be cool in summer and warm in winter
- Sorry, pets not permitted