The Beach House At Chinaman Wells
Parking spaces: 2
Book a Winter Special - stay 3 nights for the price of 2!
Absolute beachfront! The Beach House at Chinaman Wells is a beachfront holiday house with 180-degree panoramic views.
There are 2 bedrooms – double & 2 bunk beds – plus 2 sofa beds in the lounge room that can be used if required; with the house sleeping up to 6 people. Quilts & pillows are provided for all beds, and guests can bring their own linen or hire through the Country Getaways office. Both bedrooms have a split-system reverse cycle air-conditioner plus television.
There is one bathroom with a shower & toilet; plus a front load washing machine & clothes dryer.
The spacious open plan kitchen, dining & lounge room overlooks the stunning Chinaman Wells beach. The kitchen is well equipped with an electric stove, Puratap, microwave, dishwasher & 2 large fridge/freezers.
There is reverse cycle air-conditioning in the lounge, plus a television & DVD player, board games, and combined Bluetooth iPod dock/CD player/radio.
The fully enclosed veranda at The Beach House at Chinaman Wells has electric roller shutters making it at additional lounge or dining room, with protection against the elements; or the shutters can be opened letting the sun in.
There is an outdoor dining setting and flat gas barbecue in the veranda. This holiday accommodation has plenty of off-street parking for cars & boats, plus a fish cleaning area.
There is great fishing in front of this holiday house at low-tide, and it’s a good crabbing beach too. There is a large pot provided for cooking crabs, but you will need to bring a gas ring for cooking. If bringing your boat with you, it can by launched at high tide by tractor from the beach, but the nearest ramp is located at Port Victoria which is an all-tide dual ramp.
There are no shops at Chinaman Wells but it is just a short 10-minute drive north to Maitland or south to Port Victoria for supplies, meals & fuel.
The Beach House At Chinaman Wells is a pet-friendly holiday house and you can bring your pet with you on your family holiday, but please note that the yard is unfenced.
Double Bunk: 2
- 2 bedrooms - double, 2 x bunk beds plus 2 sofa beds in lounge (if required)
- Sleeps 6
- Quilts and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Bathroom with shower & toilet
- Split system reverse cycle air-conditioning in both bedrooms
- Televisions in each bedroom
- Spacious open plan kitchen, dining & lounge area
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric stove, Puratap, microwave, dishwasher & 2 large fridge/freezers
- Coffee plunger (bring your own ground coffee)
- Lounge has split-system reverse cycle air-conditioner
- Television & DVD player in lounge room
- Bluetooth iPod dock, with combined CD player & radio
- Board games
- Front load washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Rain water
- Fully enclosed veranda with electric roller shutters & outdoor dining
- Flat gas barbecue
- Pot for cooking crabs available for guests use, bring your own gas ring for cooking
- Fish cleaning area
- Off-street parking with room for up to 6 vehicles and/or boats
- Yard is unfenced
- Strictly no boat washing as house does not have mains water
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet)
DVD player: Yes
Ensuite bathroom: No
Group stays (10+ guests): No
Pet friendly: Yes
Washing Machine: Yes
Administration fee: $25.00
Refundable pet bond: $100.00
Cleaning fee: $60.00
Refundable Security Bond (refer terms & conditions for applicable bonds/periods): $250.00
|Low||1 May - 31 October.|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + $25 administration fee = Total Price
All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
- A refundable security bond may be payable for a property; a bond may also be required in lieu of credit card details for security prior to obtaining key details.
- At a pet friendly property, a minimum $100 refundable pet bond is to be paid (refer to Terms & Conditions).
- If an online booking has been made & Country Getaways has been advised that you are bringing a dog, you authorise that the $100 refundable pet bond is processed to the card used for the booking transaction.
Long Weekends, SA Schoolies & Peak Season Bonds
For any bookings on long weekends, SA schoolies & peak season; a $250 refundable security bond is to be paid by credit card prior to obtaining key access details (not applicable when a property bond is already in place).
Please note for any reservations where a debit card is used as a form of payment, a $250 refundable security bond must be paid.
Refundable bonds are only to be processed to a credit card.
Refer to specific property details for security or pet bond details.
The property cleaner will advise the bond status following your departure, and your bond less any debits, will be refunded within 14 business days of your date of departure via the method paid.
About Chinaman Wells
The quiet town of Chinaman Wells, located on the western coastline of Yorke Peninsula is popular for holiday makers with a keen interest in fishing or who wish to take some time away from their busy lives. At Chinaman Wells, you can enjoy the peace and quiet that this town has to offer.
Chinaman Wells is serviced by nearby Maitland which is only a 10 minute drive away. Heading north from the small township along the coast you will find the town of Balgowan, or drive south to Port Victoria. Both drives are scenic and take in the rural and coastal views along the way.
The long stretch of beautiful beach at Chinaman Wells is ideal for holiday makers wanting a relaxing, peaceful getaway.
Chinaman Wells is located approximately 2 hours drive from Adelaide.