Parking spaces: 4
Book a Winter Special - stay 3 nights for the price of 2!
Catalina Cottage is a budget holiday house located only 350 metres to the Moonta Bay beach & Simms Cove.
Catalina Cottage has 3 bedrooms with a queen, queen, bunk bed & single, and can sleep up to 7 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
The bathroom at Catalina Cottage has a shower only, with the toilet located outside, approximately 4 metres from the house.
Catalina Cottage has reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in the living area, and ceiling fans in all rooms.
The kitchen at Catalina Cottage is small but well equipped with everything you need for your stay. It has an electric stove, microwave and large fridge/freezer. There is a coffee plunger, but guests will need to bring their own ground coffee beans or purchase locally.
In the lounge is a television, turntable with LP records, radio and board games.
The laundry is combined with the bathroom, and includes a front load washing machine.
Outside, the yard is large with a shaded lawned area surrounding the holiday house for kids to enjoy. There is also an undercover dining area with a hooded gas barbecue.
Moonta Bay is a great spot for catching Blue Swimmer Crabs, and at Catalina Cottage crab nets and rakes are supplied for guests to try catching their seafood feast at the nearby beach.
Catalina Cottage has off-street parking for up to 3 cars with room for a boat.
The beach & Moonta Bay jetty is just a short walk away, and the Splash Town water park is nearby.
Double Bunk: 1
- 3 bedrooms – queen, queen, bunk + single (NOTE: Bunk beds and single bed are narrow beds)
- Sleeps 7
- Quilts and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways
- Bathroom with shower
- Toilet (located outside, approximately 4 metres from house)
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in living area
- Ceiling fans in all rooms
- Lounge with television
- Board games
- Turntable with LP records
- Small but well-equipped kitchen with electric stove and microwave
- Large fridge with freezer on top
- Coffee plunger (guests need to bring their own ground beans)
- Front load washing machine (in combined laundry/bathroom)
- Hooded Weber gas barbecue
- Undercover outdoor eating and dining area
- Crab nets and rakes located in tool shed
- Large yard with shaded lawned area
- Off-street parking for up to 3 cars with room for a boat
- Guests has no access to garage
- Sorry, pets not permitted
DVD player: Yes
Ensuite bathroom: No
Group stays (10+ guests): No
Pet friendly: No
Washing Machine: Yes
Administration fee: $25.00
Cleaning fee: $60.00
Refundable Security Bond (refer terms & conditions for applicable bonds/periods): $250.00
|Low||1 May - 31 October.|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + $25 administration fee = Total Price
All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
- A refundable security bond may be payable for a property; a bond may also be required in lieu of credit card details for security prior to obtaining key details.
- At a pet friendly property, a minimum $100 refundable pet bond is to be paid (refer to Terms & Conditions).
- If an online booking has been made & Country Getaways has been advised that you are bringing a dog, you authorise that the $100 refundable pet bond is processed to the card used for the booking transaction.
Long Weekends, SA Schoolies & Peak Season Bonds
For any bookings on long weekends, SA schoolies & peak season; a $250 refundable security bond is to be paid by credit card prior to obtaining key access details (not applicable when a property bond is already in place).
Please note for any reservations where a debit card is used as a form of payment, a $250 refundable security bond must be paid.
Refundable bonds are only to be processed to a credit card.
Refer to specific property details for security or pet bond details.
The property cleaner will advise the bond status following your departure, and your bond less any debits, will be refunded within 14 business days of your date of departure via the method paid.
About Moonta Bay
Moonta Bay is located on the coast near Moonta & Port Hughes and is surrounded by white sandy coves and beaches with clear blue waters. Country Getaways has a number of accommodation places available throughout the township, varying from basis to luxury.
Choose from beachfront, close to beach or a few minutes walk away. There are restaurants and cafes; and nearby Moonta has a large supermarket, antiques stores and a variety of retail shops.
There is something for everyone here.
Moonta Bay is approximately a 1½ hour drive from Adelaide.