With 180-degree sea views, Maji is a holiday house at Port Hughes located just across the road from the beach and coastal reserve.
Maji has 4 bedrooms with a queen, queen, queen, and bunk bed, and can sleep up to 8 people. Quilts, blankets and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
There are 2 bathrooms at Maji, an ensuite with shower and toilet, plus the main bathroom with a shower over a corner bath and toilet.
The living area comprises the lounge room, dining and compact kitchen, with reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in this central section of the house. There are ceiling fans in 2 of the queen bedrooms, and a portable fan for use in other rooms.
Maji’s kitchen is compact yet well equipped for your stay with electric stove, microwave and large fridge with freezer on top. There is also a stovetop coffee maker and guests will need to bring their own ground coffee to use or purchase at the local supermarket.
The lounge room overlooks the coastline with sea views of the beach and jetty and contains plenty of seating with a television and DVD player with some DVDs provided for guest’s use.
Outside there a lawned front yard (unfenced), with an undercover seating area, plus a flat top gas barbecue stored in the shed.
For guests staying at this accommodation, there is off-street parking for up to 2 vehicles, with room for a boat. For those interested in fishing, a fish cleaning sink is provided, and the Port Hughes jetty and boat ramp is just a short distance away.
Pets are welcome at Maji, however the front yard is unfenced. If you do want to bring your pet with you, just let the staff at Country Getaways know when making your booking.
The Port Hughes Coastal Trail is located across the road from Maji, which follows the coastline through to Harry’s Point and Simms Cove to the north.
Maji is a great choice for a beachfront holiday on a budget and is just a short walk to the Port Hughes Tavern, General Store and jetty.
- 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, queen, bunk bed
- Sleeps 8
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Ensuite bathroom with shower & toilet
- Main bathroom has shower (over corner bath), bath & toilet
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in central living area
- Portable oil heater
- Ceiling fans in 2 queen bedrooms
- Portable fan
- Large lounge room with sea views of Port Hughes beach & jetty
- DVD player with some DVD’s
- Well equipped kitchen with electric stove & microwave
- Stovetop coffee maker (BYO ground coffee or purchase from local supermarket)
- Large fridge with freezer on top
- Top load washing machine
- Ironing Board
- Undercover outdoor seating area
- Flat top gas barbecue
- Fish cleaning sink
- Off street parking for up to 2 vehicles
- Room for boat parking off-street
- Unfenced yard
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet)