On The Bay
Across the road from the Port Hughes beach, On The Bay is a spacious 2-storey self-contained holiday house that sleeps up to 10 people, and all bedrooms offer an ocean view.
With 4 bedrooms – upstairs is a queen; and downstairs a queen, trio bunk (double on the bottom, single on the top) plus trundle, 2 single – this beachfront holiday house comfortably sleeps 10 guests. Quilts, blankets and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
The master queen bedroom upstairs has an ensuite bathroom with shower & toilet, and a 2nd bathroom downstairs with shower, bath and a separate toilet. A hairdryer is also provided for guests.
On The Bay has ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning throughout both levels of the holiday accommodation and has plenty of room with a kitchen & lounge area both upstairs and downstairs.
The upstairs level has a fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, electric stove and coffee pod machine (bring your own Dolce Gusto capsules). The lounge has a large television with USB port, and a high chair and stairgate are provided for those travelling with younger children.
Downstairs the second kitchen has a microwave, fridge/freezer and electric stove; and the lounge has a television with USB port, DVD player, DVD’s, board games and xBox One with some games; plus WiFi access is provided for guests.
The laundry is equipped with a top load washing machine, iron and ironing board; while outside, there is a hooded gas barbecue and crab cooker, with crab rakes & crab pots for guests to use.
There is generous off-street parking with room for up to 4 cars and a boat, and fishing enthusiasts are catered for with a fish cleaning sink behind the small shed. There is a boat shed for guests to use to store their boat securely.
The rear balcony with outdoor seating overlooks the backyard and lawn, with fencing to be completed in late 2018.
From the front balcony which stretches the length of the house, On The Bay has 180 degree views from the Port Hughes jetty and boat ramp around towards Moonta Bay. The western side of the peninsula also offers some stunning sunsets over Spencer Gulf.
On The Bay is great for 2 families travelling together with plenty of room for everyone to have their own space.
- 4 bedrooms - queen, queen, trio bunk (double on the bottom, single on the top) plus trundle, 2 single
- Sleeps 10
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways
- Ensuite bathroom with shower & toilet
- Main bathroom has shower, bath & separate toilet
- Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioning throughout
- Well-equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer & electric stove on upper level
- Coffee pod machine (bring your own Dolce Gusto capsules)
- 2nd kitchen with microwave, fridge/freezer & electric stove downstairs
- Upstairs lounge with television with USB port
- 2nd television with USB port & DVD player in downstairs lounge
- Board games
- xBox One with some games
- WiFi for guests use (password located in welcome folder)
- High chair
- Top load washing machine
- Ironing board
- Outdoor seating on balcony
- Hooded gas barbecue
- Crab cooker
- Crab rakes
- Crab pots
- Fish cleaning sink behind small shed
- No guest access to garage
- Good off-street parking with room for up to 4 cars and a boat
- Boat shed for guest use (7.3 metres long, 2.95 metres wide, 2.8 metres high at peak)
- Sorry, pets not permitted