Whispering Winds is located on a rural block on the outskirts of Port Victoria, with plenty of space indoors and outdoors to enjoy a relaxing Yorke Peninsula holiday.
There are 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, bunk & queen, 2 singles; with Whispering Winds sleeping up to 10 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats & tea-towels) with them for their stay, or linen can be hired through the Country Getaways office.
The holiday house has 2 bathrooms, with an ensuite bathroom having a walk-in shower, vanity & toilet. The main bathroom has a bath, walk-in shower & vanity, with a separate toilet.
Whispering Winds has reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning in the lounge room, with a ceiling fan in the large open plan living area. All 4 bedrooms have ceiling fans.
The lounge room is spacious with sofa seating and has a large television with USB & HDMI ports, BluRay player, radio, board games and card games. Complimentary WiFi is available for guests staying at Whispering Winds.
The accommodation has a fully equipped kitchen with an electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine and large fridge with freezer on top.
There is bar stool seating at the kitchen island and the large dining table has seating for all guests, with direct access to the outside deck and entertaining area.
The laundry facilities include a top load washing machine.
Outside, guests can relax on the undercover deck with seating and dining, and outdoor kitchen facilities including a hooded gas barbecue and bar fridge.
Pets are welcome inside at Whispering Winds by prior arrangement with Country Getaways, and please note the yard is unfenced. Just let the Country Getaways staff know when making a booking if you would like to bring a pet with you for your stay.
For those coming to fish the waters off Port Victoria, Whispering Winds has fish cleaning facilities, and there is boat parking; or if not bringing your own boat, there are fishing charters launching from Port Victoria that offer great angling packages.
The holiday house has off-street parking for up to 3 cars, but guests don't have access to the garage for parking or storage.
The Port Victoria beach is around a 15-minute walk away, or a short drive; while the main street, shopping and dining options are less than 5 minutes' drive from the accommodation.
Port Victoria has a supermarket and hotel in the main street, along with a seafood retailer and foreshore kiosk. The maritime museum at the jetty precinct, geology walking trails and Rifle Butts Beach are all popular places to visit when in Port Victoria.
Bedroom & Bathroom Configuration
- 3 Queen beds
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Double Bunk bed
- 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, bunk & queen, 2 singles
- Sleeps 10
- Quilts and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats and tea-towels
- Optional linen hire available through Country Getaways office
- Ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, vanity & toilet
- Main bathroom with bath, walk-in shower & vanity
- Separate toilet
- Reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning in lounge room
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Living area has ceiling fan
- Large open plan living area
- Large television (with USB & HDMI ports) in lounge room
- BluRay player
- WiFi for guest use
- Wall-mounted television in master bedroom
- Board games including Monopoly & Scrabble
- Card games including Uno
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine (guests need to bring compatible Nespresso pods or purchase locally), & large fridge with freezer on top
- High chair
- Top load washing machine
- Outdoor entertaining area with kitchen facilities
- Seating & dining on undercover deck
- Hooded gas barbecue
- Bar fridge in outdoor kitchen
- Unfenced yard
- Fish cleaning sink
- 15 minutes' walk to beach
- Off-street parking for 3 cars with room for a boat
- No guest access to garage
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - inside pets accepted
Tariff Seasons & Rates for Whispering Winds
|Low||1 May - 31 October.||$180|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Costing calculation: Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + administration fee = Total Price (displayed above). All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
Bonds & Fees
|Refundable Security Bond *||Refundable Security Bond (refer terms & conditions for applicable bonds/periods)||$300|
|Refundable pet bond||$100|