Located on the southern coastline of Yorke Peninsula, Sturt Bay Retreat is a 2-storey carbon neutral holiday house on 42 hectares of land with natural vegetation surrounding the house.
Sturt Bay Retreat has 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, 2 singles, 2 singles; sleeping up to 8 people. Quilts and pillows are provided, but guests will need to bring their linen (sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats & tea-towels) with them for their stay.
Upstairs the ensuite bathroom adjoining the master queen bedroom has a walk-in shower, vanity & toilet; with an additional separate toilet. Downstairs, the main bathroom has a walk-in shower, vanity & toilet.
The upstairs open plan living area is spacious and comprises the lounge room, kitchen & dining, with reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning. There is a combustion heater, and guests will need to bring their own wood to use.
The living area has direct access to the balcony which has seating and panoramic views of the surrounding scrubland and Sturt Bay coastline.
Guests can relax in the upstairs lounge room with a large wall-mounted television (with USB & HDMI ports), sofa seating, & complimentary WiFi for guests during their stay.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a gas cooktop, electric double oven, microwave, rain water, dishwasher & large fridge. There are a range of kitchen appliances including kettle, toaster & sandwich press.
Sturt Bay Retreat has a key-operated chair lift so that the second floor is fully accessible to all guests. For any guests needing this facility, please arrange access with Country Getaways prior to your arrival.
The downstairs lounge room has reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning, with sofa seating & a large wall mounted television (with USB & HDMI ports). There is a BluRay player, DVDs, Playstation 3 with controllers & games, board games & books for guests to enjoy during their stay.
Sturt Bay Retreat has a downstairs kitchenette with a gas cooktop, microwave & medium fridge/freezer.
The downstairs laundry facilities are located opposite the kitchenette, and include a front load washing machine, iron & ironing board, with an outside clothesline.
There is an undercover outdoor entertaining area with dining seating on the balcony which offers distant sea views of the Southern Yorke Peninsula coastline and Investigator Strait.
For those interested in exploring on foot, Sturt Bay Retreat has walking trails throughout the 42 hectare property to explore, or the Walk The Yorke trail is across the road. The Port Moorowie to Foul Bay section of Walk The Yorke has a beach walk section near Sturt Bay for walkers, or cyclists can follow the marked gravel trail towards Point Davenport.
Access to Sturt Bay beach is a 15-minute walk away from the accommodation or a short drive.
Pets are welcome inside at Sturt Bay Retreat by prior arrangement with Country Getaways (small dogs only). Just let the Country Getaways staff know when making a booking if you would like to bring a pet with you for your stay.
There is garage parking for 2 cars at the holiday house, with parking for another 2 cars with room for a boat near the house.
Warooka & Yorketown are a short drive away for shopping & supplies, or head south-west towards Yorke Peninsula's toe to explore the coastline and Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park.
Bedroom & Bathroom Configuration
- 2 Queen beds
- 4 Single beds
- 4 bedrooms – queen [upstairs]; queen; 2 singles; 2 singles [downstairs]
- Sleeps 8
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats and tea-towels
- Ensuite bathroom upstairs with walk-in shower, vanity & toilet
- Additional separate toilet upstairs
- Main bathroom downstairs with walk-in shower, vanity & toilet
- Reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning in upstairs living area
- Combustion heater (guests need to bring own wood to use)
- Downstairs lounge room has reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning
- Spacious open plan upstairs living area comprising lounge, kitchen & dining
- Balcony views of surrounding scrubland & coastline
- Large wall-mounted television with USB & HDMI ports in upstairs lounge
- WiFi for guests use
- Fully equipped upstairs kitchen with gas cooktop, electric double oven, microwave, rain water, dishwasher & large fridge
- Range of kitchen appliances including kettle, toaster & sandwich press
- Breakfast bar with stool seating
- Stair gate
- Chair lift (key access required)
- Downstairs lounge room has a large wall-mounted television (USB & HDMI ports)
- BluRay player
- CD player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Board games
- Playstation 3 games console, 2 controllers & some games
- Kitchenette downstairs with gas cooktop, microwave & medium fridge with freezer on top
- Front load washing machine
- Ironing board
- Undercover entertaining area on balcony with distant sea views
- Dining seating
- Hooded gas barbecue
- Garage parking for 2 cars
- Parking for another 2 cars with room for a boat
- 15-minute walk to beach access to Sturt Bay beach
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet) - inside pets accepted (small dogs only)
Tariff Seasons & Rates for Sturt Bay Retreat
|Low||1 May - 31 October.||$220|
|High||1 November - 30 April;
plus all long weekends, special events in the vicinity & Yorke Peninsula Field Days.
|Peak||Easter, and Christmas/New Year;
26 December - 31 January.
Costing calculation: Rate x Number of nights + Cleaning Fee + administration fee = Total Price (displayed above). All rates are quoted per night in AUD.
Bonds & Fees
|Refundable Security Bond *||$300|
|Refundable pet bond||$100|